What if a student fails?

If a student has failed to obtain the minimum passing marks or wishes to appear for a written exam and is not happy with marks given by the board based on special criteria. These students will get a chance to appear for a written exam at a later stage. In case, any student is not able to meet the qualifying criterion, s/he will be placed in the “Essential Repeat” or “Compartment” Category

What if School Does not Have Past Three Year Data?

Students who had changed their schools and are appearing for the board for the first time in their current school, such schools will not have data of past three-year of a student. In such a case, the Board will provide the historical data. Schools that have switched over from other Boards will also have the option to take their performance in their respective Boards during the previous year subject to approval by CBSE. Other schools will be shown data of their group of schools at the district, state, and national averages of last three years’ performance in the Board Exams

What if schools inflate marks?

As schools have to mark their own students. Some might inflate the marks too, however, to keep a check on this CBSE has set some rules. In each subject, schools are allowed to give marks in the range of +/- 5 marks obtained by the students. The overall average marks for the school assessed should not exceed the overall average marks obtained by the school by two marks in the specific reference year, as per the rules decided.

How will uniformity be maintained across Schools?

As marks of class XI and class XIl component will be awarded at the school level, they will strictly not be comparable across schools due to the variations in the quality of question papers, the evaluation standard, and processes, the mode of conduct of exams etc. Therefore, to ensure standardization, each school will have to internally moderate the marks to account for the school level variations by using a reliable reference standard.